It’s always great to have options, so mark the OPTIONAL PLAYS box on your playslip for any of the following.
- Want to play the same numbers for more than one draw on a single ticket? A Multi-Draw ticket lets you play up to 26 consecutive draws on one ticket. Please keep in mind that the ticket price increases for each draw you add.
- Thinking ahead to a special date? You can buy a ticket for one future draw date. It’s called a Future draw. Mark the Optional Plays box on your playslip, and let the clerk know which future draw date you have in mind.
- Love those numbers so much you want them on more than one ticket? You can Repeat your play and have the same numbers printed on more than one ticket up to 20 times.
- Tell your clerk which option you want when you present your playslip. Keep in mind that playing in more than one draw increases the ticket price by the number of draws you choose.
You can find different VA Lottery Powerball retail locations in the Virginia Lottery app or by using the Find a Retailer tool. Download the app to scan your non-winning tickets and check out our newest Scratchers too!
How to play Powerball
Think of how to play Powerball in terms of colors and numbers. You must select numbers for five white balls and one red ball (the Powerball) for a total of six numbers. Click for a closer view of the playslip to learn more.
Here are the ways to play Powerball:
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Pick five different numbers from 1 through 69; then, select one Powerball number from 1 through 26.
- Or you can choose Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers
- You can also use a combination of these play methods: Pick some of your favorite numbers, and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each play (six numbers) costs $2.
- Powerball draws are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m.