Does it make sense to play the lottery in Australia?
Almost all lottery games in Australia are run by The Tatts. Thanks to the efforts of the organizers, they are in demand no less, than the famous American and European lotteries.
Benefits of Australian lotteries:
- Large amounts of jackpots. Winners, guessing the maximum number of numbers in lottery tickets often get at least 1 000 000 Australian dollars. The highest jackpot was won by a participant in 2012 year. Its size was 112 000 000 dollars.
- Regular draws. In Australia, they are held in different lotteries, total 5 days a week.
- High chances of winning. PowerBall Australia gives a figure of about 1:76 million, Oz Lotto — 1:45 million, My & Wed Lotto и Saturday Lotto — 1:8 million.
- Winnings are tax-free. Winners will not be taxed for small wins, and large amounts.
- Availability. Everyone who wishes, over 18 years of age can participate in Australian lotteries. Despite, that Russians are not able to buy tickets directly, they can use the services of an intermediary.
The game was originally exactly the same, like Saturday lottery, demanding, so that six numbers are selected from 45. but, beginning with 18 October 2005 of the year, dialed the seventh, significantly increasing the chances of winning the first prize. In line with this change, Oz Lotto branding has changed in many states, to emphasize the presence of the seventh ball (including the change of names to such, like OZ Lotto Super 7 in Tutts and Oz 7 Lotto in Queensland). However with 2012 of the year, the game reverted to Oz Lotto branding in these regions. Oz Lotto guarantees a minimum prize pool of 2 million dollars, which is less, than in American and British lotteries, but not bad too.
Oz Lotto currently holds the record for largest Australian lottery jackpot. It was originally guaranteed in the amount 100 million US dollars, four winners split the division pull 1 at the rate of 111 972 151,04 USD in the drawing 6 November 2012 of the year.